Sorry for the lack of posts as of late…. I’m enjoying vacation with my in-laws (and hoping my family is having a wonderful vacation and 4th as well).
While we’ve been eating (TOO much), I haven’t had a moment to take a picture – let alone type up a menu. It’s been FUN to cook for EIGHT(!!) but we are also in the midst of having the house painted (yes, there are 8 of us in a house with plastic covered windows IN JULY withOUT air conditioning!). I hope our newly painted (now yellow, not dark blue) house will welcome friends and family with more cheer and joy than the dark blue abode did. (Nothing against dark blue… it was just so dark it almost looked black. That coupled with the gray Pacific Northwest skies was a tad depressing for us.)
I thought I would share a few of our meal ideas. They have all been meals for 8 that are 100% gluten free. (In fact, they didn’t even realize that the food was GF until they saw me eating it!)
Breakfasts (always served with fruit)
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Cheese Arepas stuffed with avocado, bacon and egg.
- Healthy Benedict with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
- Scrambled Eggs with Toast
- Turkey Lavash-wrapped Sandwiches
- Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella “pizza”
- Black bean and corn salad
- Quinoa, Corn and Zucchini Salad
- Pineapple-Strawberry Salad
- Shrimp Tacos
- Smoked/BBQ Pork Ribs
- Shrimp Tacos
- Halibut with Strawberries and Pineapple
- Chinese Home-style Chicken and Rice (Bo-Jai-Fahn)
- Smoked Turkey
- Planked Salmon with Ginger-Soy Glaze
- Ginger-Apricot Pork Chops with Bleu Cheese/Bacon New Potatoes
What are your inspirations for family meals?
What do you make when your home quadruples in size?
Any ideas to share?
I do have to thank you Monday Menu Planners. You inspired me to write our menu plans out too. While it drives my love wild, it *really* helps organize my brain and made cooking meals for 8 MUCH easier! I might just have to continue this trend in to the future.
I’ll be back next week with food. If you see an item from the list above that you would like to get the recipe for – let me know!
Until then –
Happy 4th of July All!
I’m off to the Farmer’s Market with the family for fresh beets for a Roast Beet Salad for our picnic dinner and then the fireworks.