We have a wickedly busy week ahead of us. This week boasts for three gym nights, two evenings of meetings until 6PM and “Open House” at school. Of all my ‘extra curricular’ activities, the “Open House” freaks me out the most. Oh MAN, do I get nervous speaking in front of adults! Ah well, every year I fret and freak out and then the whole thing is over.
This week also means that there are three nights that I won’t be home before 9PM. That’s not good. It makes for difficult lunch planning and packing. Even more, it means that I will be VERY behind with paperwork from work from my late nights of meetings and meet/greets.
Saturday we have another home study session with our adoption social worker. This time we are meeting her half way between her office and our house. (About 45 miles north of here.) After that morning meeting, we will rush back home to meet the dish washer technician. After 4 years without a dishwasher, we’ve been saving for a new one. And with a baby on the way? Oh yea. We need a dishwasher. (And we are both getting excited… it’s all rather silly. LOL)
This week’s ingredient for the Gluten Free Menu Swap is: Apples. And *if* I had the time, I would definitely be making some GF Apple Crisp and some GF Apple Muffins. My friend tells me that the Apple Muffins are really like eating an Apple Fritter in muffin form. Works for me! I wanted a sweet treat when I made those, so I guess I hit my mark.
Here’s the plan for my week: *The Pepita Bread recipe will be posted tomorrow. (Just an FYI).
- Lunch: Pepita Bread* Sandwiches with Smoked Turkey, Romaine Salad and an Apple-Pear
- Dinner: Teriyaki Chicken Thighs and Breasts; Asian-dressing salad and berries
- Lunch: Pepita Bread* Sandwich with avocado and cucumber; romaine salad and a banana
- Dinner: Pepian Pork Chops, Walnut-Cranberry Salad; and Pie-in-a-Pumpkin
- Lunch: Pork & Sweet Potato stew (leftovers)
- Dinner: ~ early dinner out with a couple teacher friends before “Open House”
- Lunch: Salmon salad, apple-pear
- Dinner: ~my Love is cooking – I don’t know what we’re eating! LOL
- Lunch: Romaine Lemony-Caesar Salad with Shrimp
- Dinner: Chicken and Apple Soup baked in mini pumpkins, salad and berries
I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing week!
That way we will balance the world out.