You *know* you are able to relax while eating out if this is how your dinner gets to you: on a conveyer belt.
Yeap, welcome to my Saturday Night dinner. We stopped at a sushi bar on the way home from running errands. We had seen it a few weeks back when we were in the same area – but it wasn’t open. It was so easy to eat gluten free here.
Not all sushi places are easy for the gluten – free eater. But here are the things that made this sushi bar a GF dream:
- The tobiko (fish roe) was gluten free! (Not all are, as some are “seasoned” which typically means soy sauce and/or wheat starch somewhere.
- They served real crab – not fake pollock with wheat starch.
- Many of the “sushi” dishes included vegetarian varieties (like the sweet potato sushi that you see go by in the video).
- The top conveyer belt had fresh fruit platters as well as fresh veg/salads and edamame.
- They even served freshly made rice-flour/sesame balls with red bean paste inside.
- AND the wait staff was perfectly able to answer all of my GF eating questions and needs quickly and easily.
OH YEAH. I LOVE it when eating out WORKS!
This post is a bit of a mix. Please forgive the haphazard approach. For those of you who are still in need of a few Thanksgiving menu ideas, check out these posts:
And a couple links from my online recipes for your holidays:
- Gluten Free Skillet Corn Bread (What I will be using for the basis of our stuffing this year)
- Cranberry-Mango Chutney
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Fennel
- Ginger and Spice Squash
- Dark Chocolate & Irish Cream Custard Dessert
The gluten free bloggers (linked to in the side bar) have TONS of delectable recipes to chose from too. Take time to check them out – you will be SUPER happy that you did.
Happy Sunday, All!