… well, maybe 28 days.
Yes, we are all waiting (the dog included) for something. Sometimes waiting for the unknown, sometimes not. This time, we’re just waiting for the we-don’t-know-when. So, I decided to make the best of things.
You see, I *am* in a unique position here. NO, not by adopting – that’s not unique. But by having some time on my hands AFTER finishing the baby-proofing, painting, shopping, etc and BEFORE the baby arrives. I am also in the unique position of NOT being physically uncomfortable in these last few weeks of “pregnancy”. (My pregnancy being MUCH more about paperwork than stretch marks. LOL)
I asked this question on the adoption forums, I thought I should ask it of you all too. Maybe you can help me spend my time? Here is the question and the “rules”
QUESTION: If you had 28 days to wait and you could spend $28 dollars or LESS on any given activity (preferrably LESS LESS LESS!)), what would you do?
- Activities should cost no more than $28 (or so).
- Activities should be things that we probably can’t do very easily or at all once the baby is here.
- Activities can be fun, practical, stress relieving, etc. but not oriented to baby-prep. (After all, we’ve finished all of that because we thought she would be here by now! LOL)
- Activities should be things that we can do together as a couple; but this is not a requirement. (For example… I just went out and had my first facial yesterday. MMMM.. yea…. don’t know what took me so long to do that! LOL)
What are your ideas?
I have a list going – but I think I want to make it *much* longer than just the 15 or so I’ve been thinking of. That way, when we have a moment, we can still work on completely our “to-do” list. Here are the things on my list to get done this week:
1. Make practical doctor appointments: get my eyes checked, teeth cleaned, etc. (Co-pay is $15.00.)
2. Schedule a manicure or pedicure. (Already have the hair cut scheduled) (Either costs about $15-25.)
3. Scrub down refrigerator. (Costs nothing but humility. I just watched “Jon and Kate plus 8” and heard her ranting about a moldy refrigerator. It made me wonder when the last time was that I emptied and scrubbed it down.)
4. Take the pup on some LONG walks. (Cost: nothing!)
5. Attend the weekly BodyFlow (Yoga + Pilates) class at the gym AND go at least two other times each week. (Cost: nothing… already paid for.)
6. Write a few blog posts that maybe I can publish on a schedule AFTER she gets here? (Cost: My imagination/brain… as right now I can barely think about much else beyond Her, My Love and work. LOL)
What do you guys think?
Got any suggestions for me?
Thanks for the ideas!