Little Bunny Foo-Foo

Little Bunny Foo-Foo, originally uploaded by Kate Chan.

Okay… seriously now.
If the Chicklet doesn’t show up for Easter… what am I to do with this cute little thing?

(Admittedly, it’s dang cute… and certainly NOT just an Easter coat… but that is what I thought of when I first saw it.)

Yes, you guessed right. Sad news on the Chicklet front. We are STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL waiting for the South Korean government to issue her emigration permit and passport.

I honestly think that this wait *might* just kill me (or at least make ALL of my hair turn gray… that’s happening QUICKLY.)

Here are the phrases/idioms that I no longer believe to be true after this arduous, painful wait:

• No news is good news. (HARDLY!)
  • Everything that doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. (*Undecided on this one.)
  • “patience of a Saint”. (Umm, not so much… more like the patience and anxiety of a crazy person. That crazy person being ME!)
  •  Patience is a virtue. (See #3. And NOTE: Patience = HELL. :) )
  • “This is a growth experience.” (Yes, for my waistline. I’ve now purchase potato chips THREE TIMES for the first time in NINE MONTHS!)
  • When God closes one door, s/he always opens a window. (NOTE: I have NOT found the window yet. If you know where it is, please feel free to draw me a map to it’s location. Thank you)

Pardon my sass.
It’s my fuel lately.
=P

Got any more idioms I can take my sassiness out on?
Please feel free to share.
Stupid word games are the only things keeping me sane at the moment.

~Kate

15 comments on “Little Bunny Foo-Foo
  1. jill says:

She’ll come! I don’t have any idioms for you but hang in there!

2. zebe912 says:

Patience and I don’t have a good working relationship either. I hope that things start to move for you quickly! That coat is adorable.

3. Phoebe says:

My husband said to me during our first fertility treatment, “what doesn’t make us stronger will kill us.” I laughed so hard at that one!

I wanted to let you know that I heart your blog, so I gave you an award.

4. Carrie says:

Your “patience of a crazy person” quote-I thought it was quite funny, but ONLY because I have been there (twice, actually)and completely sympathize! Working and staying busy makes the wait barely tolerable. Shopping for baby supplies makes it worse. The moment she’s in your arms makes all the memories of the wait and the frustation melt away…
    Quickly replaced by sleepless nights, but that’s another story ;) The best and truest thing that I heard during the whole process was that once you hold your baby, that all of a sudden the wait wasn’t *that* long, and you’d do it again in a heartbeat (once you start sleeping again).

5. (((Kate))) … hmmm, keeping your sense of humor is a good thing! The chicklet can wear that adorable pullover for a while after Easter. All I can say is just keep imagining holding that little blessing in your arms and having her in your lives. It’s going to happen soon … it just has to. BTW, in the grand scheme of things, a few potato chips are not a bad thing. :-)

6. Carol says:

When god closes a door, s/he opens a window. What most people don’t realize is that there is a hallway in between. And it can be a bitch. You are in the hallway right now. You will get to the window.

7. Nita says:

My personal nominee for worst “helpful” saying: someday you’ll look back at this and laugh.

I have several things I’ll never laugh about.

8. I love the coat!

Waiting is so stressful, but being certain that you’re going to get her eventually—that’s just beautiful.

9. julie says:

there is light at the end of a tunnel
    (and so you don’t have to sass it)
    the light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train.
    she will come and I can’t wait to see pictures of the little jellybean
    now question are you going to come up with your own name or keep the one she was given?

Good question! We are doing *both*. :) – Kate

10. tlsussman says:

How about “good things come to those who wait”? i think that is exceptionally apropos as i am sure she will be AMAZING when she finally arrives. hang in there. i know she will come soon and you will forget what it felt like to wait. :)

11. How about my favorite one? Like the gallstone, “This too shall pass.” HEHEHE. I’m waiting on pins and needles with you, dear Kate. XOXOXO Ging

12. Thomas says:

Kate,

hang in there! Not only do good things come to those who wait, but they also come in small packages too! In your case, a little bundle of joy.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!

Thomas

13. c says:

Oh, how about “you never get more than you can handle.” Yeah, right. As I type, I hold a beautiful, fussy girl that we spent eight years trying to find. After three years in the adoption process, she finally found us, and we her. The wait was unbearable for our already fragile hearts, battered by years of trying without success. i consoled myself by thinking that perhaps in those final days before her arrival, she was being whispered to by the angels. I tell her now what I believe every mother, regardless of circumstance, knows to be true – “I have been waiting for you for so long.” She simply looks back at me with eyes that seem to hold the answers to all the questions of the universe. Perhaps she was waiting for us, too.

Stay strong, Kate.

14. Debbie says:

I have shared in waiting for my two boys and it is awful. There is nothing really that makes it better. And then…your child is in your arms and everything is instantly better. When that moment comes then, and only then will it be easier. (I personally hate the “what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger”.
    Debbie

15. Laurel says:

One of my personal least-favorites: It’ll be here before you know it!
    Thinking about you all!