We’re on our way out the door shortly to pick up the Chicklet. I was going to post a recipe for these great dinner rolls that I made last night… until I saw that this morning they had become the ubiquitous brickettes of gluten-free fare from days gone by this morning. Ah well. that recipe will have to wait to be coaxed into being something that tastes and feels fresh longer than one evening.
The gurly’s plane is arriving early and my life is about to take a big leap onto another track… and I couldn’t be more excited (and nervous!) if you asked!
OH! Life is GRAND!
I’ll be back as soon as I figure out this new schedule of mine. In the meantime, here are a few of the recipes that we are relying on this next couple of weeks. They are quick, easy and versatile. All of my wishes fulfilled.
- Mock lavash bread (pizza, sandwiches, pita chips, zatar-spiced crackers, etc)
- Granola (Pepita with Maple and Cinnamon) – perfect for topping yogurt parfaits
- Peanut butter granola bars (versatile – can be made with whatever is on hand)
- Spring rolls (rice paper wrapped)
- Whole Grain Banana Bread
- Nori-wrapped sandwiches (great with hummus too)
- Chinese homestyle chicken and rice
And a few more… but you know me, I won’t be able to resist the allure of the kitchen for too long. I think the Chicklet is going to love it!
I wish you all perfect Gluten-free fare and more joy than you think you can withstand.