Grammy & Grampy’s last day with the girls, originally uploaded by Kate Chan.
It’s official. Well, wait. A couple things are official and they are as follows:
- We are a four person household.
- There is no one else in the house who drinks coffee…which means no matter WHAT time I get up… I get to make it.
- I am suffering from Mom-Withdrawal. Seriously. It’s rather heartache inducing and painful.
- My mom and dad have left my girls with HIGH expectations for laugher, love, attention and parenting. Here’s hoping we can live up to it.
- No one can meet your needs like your Mom can. (Well, okay.. my Love usually can…but he has been back at work since week 2.)
- Zoe has adopted Grammy-speak for many things. Namely the fleece blanket is now called “The Toasty” as in “bundle up and stay toasty”.
- It will make your heart sing and you nostalgic mind reel when you see your 2 year old running for hugs and kisses from her Grammy and Grampy.
- Grampy’s itchy beard is a FAR second to Grammy’s sweet kisses in the mind of a two year old.
- Hauling two kids, groceries, diaper what-nots, etc is NOT going to be easy. But I can do it. (It will be easier when I am healed from surgery, I hope!)
- I love my parents and so does my Love, the Chicklet and the Peanut. Oh, we are so very thankful for the help my mom and dad have been able to provide for the last six weeks. Truly. Thank you, guys.