Hello! Oh, I have missed blogging.
The last post about saving time, money and energy has truly been helpful. It was good to read that others are in the same boat – and busting out the crock pot or cooking double/extra whenever they can. I am gone over and over the comments (and I suggest you do as well if you are looking for tips) to find the pearls of wisdom. I am amazed by the tips. A FEW of the AMAZING tips are:
- Savory oatmeal in a crock pot. (Savory! I love it!)
- Roasting Chicken in crock – using meat for other meals during the week.
- Chopping veggies needed for the WEEK’s meals
- Making a batch of “egg cups” for breakfasts
- Breakfast meals at Supper
- This list of ideas by Evy rocks too
- Dinner pies (so going to have to get out my patsy-making self and make some! Hello MN!)
- ….. honestly – go read the comments – there are SO MANY GOOD IDEAS there! (And I’m not kidding)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel and seed squash. (Or… umm.. go to Costco. :D) Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Toss squash pieces with melted butter, maple syrup, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Roast on a silpat/cookie sheet for 20 minutes until fork tender but not mushy.
- Serve along side your favorite dinner.