Gluten Free Everyday Eats – Day 6

It’s been a normal – crazy-toddler, sunny day.  :D  I’m ready for some R & R…. so the no-nap, low-protein mistakes of the day with the kidlets have at least paid off in the “in bed before 9PM”.  Time for some tv! or reading!  or something!  Hooray!  (Here’s hoping I don’t fall asleep in the middle of reading a book….LOL)

GFEveryday

Breakfast:  Rudi’s tortilla (charred nicely over the open flame in the kitchen…perfecto), scrambled eggs, strawberries and a pineapple-bacon sausage.  Coffee, of course.

IMG_1521

Lunch:  Dungeness Crab “salad” (seasoned, tossed with herbs and a tiny bit of mayo) with celery sticks and gluten free crackers.  Water to drink. (This was my MAJOR treat today!)

Day 6 Lunch

Dinner tonight:  Lamb burgers with green leaf lettuce wraps and/or Rudi’s tortillas (charred to perfection), grapes, cantaloupe and water.

Day 6 Dinner

Hope you had a lovely Saturday.  I am definitely unplugging everything to enjoy the evening. :D

8 comments on “Gluten Free Everyday Eats – Day 6
  1. P. says:

On the 6th, I started getting a migraine aura as I was starting to type a comment on what I ate on the 5th. Noticed half of the letters had “disappeared,” which is always my first clue, spotty vision. Haven’t had one of those in years. I had a half cup of hubby’s strong black coffee, a Tylenol and an aspirin before anything else, and the aura subsided and I managed to avoid the headache but felt out of sorts the rest of the day. My appetite was unaffected, however, LOL. I eventually had peanut butter on GF toast with raspberries on top and an egg for breakfast. Lunch was a bit of leftover tuna salad and fresh veggies and a nitrite-free turkey hotdog, iced tea. Dinner was shrimp and chicken stir-fried with broccoli, green onions, mushrooms, and peppers over brown rice. I made a GF rhubarb-berry crisp for dessert (I used quinoa flakes, almond meal, tapioca flour, rice flour, cinnamon, 1/4 c. sugar, and about the same amount of melted ghee for the crumbled topping). Lots of water throughout the day.

• cheekychica says:

I’m so sorry to hear about the migraine issue. I have infrequent issues with that myself.

The rhubarb-berry crisp sounds delicious! YUM! Wish I could have hopped over for all of your dinner, to be honest. LOL

2. ROSE MOORE says:

LOVE YOUR NEW SITE, WHERE DO I UPDATE MY EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION AS I DONT WANT TO MISS OUT, YOU HAVE BEEN MY LIFESAVER FROM DAY ONE OF GLUTEN FREE WORLD.
    ROSE

• cheekychica says:

I’ve missed you too, Rose! :D You have no idea how much your comments motivated me to keep going too. :D

I’ve updated the feedburner email subscriptions – so that should be working again. However, if you were registered through wordpress.com – those should have already coming to you.

I will post again tonight (everyday for 31 days!) – please let me know if it arrives to you via email.

I also am going to start a newsletter (random – thanks to fulltime work + mommy hood) thorugh which I will send some test recipes if I can get it all organized. What do you think? :D

• Rose moore says:

I got The update on my subscription so thanks, your apple pilets is my sons favorite we make the crust different but use insides with your recipe , you do make a difference in a lot of lives with your gluten free recipes.
        Lol
        Rose

3. AmandaonMaui says:

Mmm dungeness crab salad and lamb in the same day? Lucky lady. :)