We have a wickedly busy week ahead of us. This week boasts for three gym nights, two evenings of meetings until 6PM and “Open House” at school. Of all my ‘extra curricular’ activities, the “Open House” freaks me out the most. Oh MAN, do I get nervous speaking in front of adults! Ah well, every year I fret and freak out and then the whole thing is over.
This week also means that there are three nights that I won’t be home before 9PM. That’s not good. It makes for difficult lunch planning and packing. Even more, it means that I will be VERY behind with paperwork from work from my late nights of meetings and meet/greets.
Saturday we have another home study session with our adoption social worker. This time we are meeting her half way between her office and our house. (About 45 miles north of here.) After that morning meeting, we will rush back home to meet the dish washer technician. After 4 years without a dishwasher, we’ve been saving for a new one. And with a baby on the way? Oh yea. We need a dishwasher. (And we are both getting excited… it’s all rather silly. LOL)
This week’s ingredient for the Gluten Free Menu Swap is: Apples. And *if* I had the time, I would definitely be making some GF Apple Crisp and some GF Apple Muffins. My friend tells me that the Apple Muffins are really like eating an Apple Fritter in muffin form. Works for me! I wanted a sweet treat when I made those, so I guess I hit my mark.
Here’s the plan for my week: *The Pepita Bread recipe will be posted tomorrow. (Just an FYI).
- Lunch: Pepita Bread* Sandwiches with Smoked Turkey, Romaine Salad and an Apple-Pear
- Dinner: Teriyaki Chicken Thighs and Breasts; Asian-dressing salad and berries
- Lunch: Pepita Bread* Sandwich with avocado and cucumber; romaine salad and a banana
- Dinner: Pepian Pork Chops, Walnut-Cranberry Salad; and Pie-in-a-Pumpkin
- Lunch: Pork & Sweet Potato stew (leftovers)
- Dinner: ~ early dinner out with a couple teacher friends before “Open House”
- Lunch: Salmon salad, apple-pear
- Dinner: ~my Love is cooking – I don’t know what we’re eating! LOL
- Lunch: Romaine Lemony-Caesar Salad with Shrimp
- Dinner: Chicken and Apple Soup baked in mini pumpkins, salad and berries
Thank you for hosting, Cooking & Uncooking (GF Menu Swap) and OrgJunkie (Meal Plan Monday)!
I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing week!
That way we will balance the world out.
- Lunch: Nori-wraps with smoked turkey, avocado, cucumber and a salad.
- Dinner: Baked tostones and taco salad
- Lunch: Crab & Cucumber salad
- Dinner: Roasted organic chicken with gingered-carrots
- Lunch: Cherry & Almond salad with banana chips, carrots and hummus
- Dinner: Grilled chicken breasts, caesar salad
- Lunch: Chicken salad wraps, Asian pear slices, almonds
- Dinner: Roast pork loin with apples and fennel, rice and black bean salad
Thank you, Asparagus Thin, for hosting the GF Menu Swap this week! The chosen item for this week is plantain. It’s a perfect excuse for me to make the plantain empanadas again – this time I will bake them. Oh MAN they were so good! I’ve been thinking about them lately too. And the tostones are an easy plantain goodie that we enjoy frequently too.
And it is with thanks to Seamaiden that I found OrgJunkie who also has a FABULOUS menu swap!
Be sure to check them both out.
Happy Moon Festival, All!
And may you have many happy Gluten-free meals to share with your loved ones this year as well –
Forgive this tardy post…. I’ve been awash in memories and faces of the new school year. Here’s my lunch & dinner menus for the week.
Thanks for hosting the GF Menu Swap, Natalie.
Sorry my post is so stinkin’ late! And thanks, Orgjunkie for hosting Meal Plan Mondays.
It really has been helpful to stay on top of my menu planning.
- Lunch: Caesar Salad with Shrimp, zuchinni muffin (mmm!), an asian pear
- Dinner: Korean chicken thighs, brown rice, peas and strawberries for dessert!
- Lunch: Leftover chicken and rice, salad, apple-pear
- Dinner: Flank steak with yam oven fries with cinnamon or curry (Undecided…LOL)
- Lunch: Salmon salad with cherries and pumpkin seeds, zuchinni muffin and a banana
- Dinner: Roast Pork Loin with Garlic and Basil, corn and black bean salsa, mangoes for dessert
- Lunch: Black bean and corn salsa (leftovers) with corn chips, shredded lettuce salad and fruit.
- Dinner: Beef brisket with yams and carrots, slow roasted. Mango chutney.
- Lunch: Tuna & Egg Salad sandwich, apple slices with cinnamon peanut butter and a peach
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken taco salads with mango-peach-jalapeño spicy salsa
Ahh…school/work. It always throws me for a loop in the beginning to be back balancing it all again. Sorry for getting this up so late!
I hope your week is going well!