Read this post for more information about me, my Love, and this whole process.
You can follow along on our journey (or my musings of it) via these posts too:
- On Building a Family: Explaining the beginning of us and our journey (July 20, 2008)
- On waiting and dreaming (October 1, 2008)
- On registering without a due date (October 19, 2008)
- It’s a GIRL! (On receiving our referral for our daughter) (October 31, 2008)
- Converting the office to a nursery (November 6, 2008)
- The First eBay Fundraiser (Learning the fundraising and eBay ropes are hard!) (November 19, 2008)
- The Second eBay Fundraiser (A few teeny photos of our baby’s fingers, etc) (December 3, 2008)
- I-600 Approval to Korea! (January 2, 2009)
- Little Bunny Foo Foo… pondering her arrival (March 5, 2009)
- She has her visa! (March 13, 2009)
- She’s home! (April 9, 2009)
- She’s ours! (December 11, 2009)
- June 22, 2008: Application Date to agency
- July, 2008: Autobiographical writings, letters of references, medical reviews, etc.
- August, 2008: Home Study visits (x2), online classes about adoption issues, etc.
- September 27, 2008: Last Home Study interview/visit
- September 30, 2008: I-600A Application submitted with completed Home Study
- October 5, 2008: Fingerprinting for I-600A appointment date set
- October 27, 2008: Referral received via voice mail
- October 28, 2008: Referral packet (3 pieces of paper, 2 photos) received via US Mail
- October 29, 2008: I-600A fingerprinting appointment & referral accepted (of course!
- November 4, 2008: I-600 application sent in to agency
- November 11, 2008: I-600A approved and information sent to National Visa Center & Seoul, South Korea (embassy)
- November 15-21, 2008: Painting! Organizing! Getting that nursery done!
- December 2, 2008: I-600 submitted to USCIS by agency
- December 15, 2008: I-600 approved by USCIS
- December 29, 2008: I-6oo approved “logged in” at the National Visa Center
- December 31, 2008: I-600 approved “logged out” at NVC and sent on to Seoul, South Korea
- January 9, 2009: ”P3″ (or the verification packet) is sent to the Korean adoption agency.
- March 13, 2009: Visa issued (dates are unknown for the issuance of the emigration permit and passport)
- March 16, 2009: The Chicklet is 10 months old.
- April 9, 2009: She travels to the US!!! Our Family Day begins it all.
- December 11, 2009: Our “Family Day“: The adoption is finalized in the US Courts. Wahooo! It’s now official!
- So what are we doing currently? Loving this little wiggly imp with all of our hearts and souls!
Thank you for your help, encouragement, love and support.
Life’s journeys are amazing and beautiful, aren’t they?